Tuesday, June 8th, 2010
Hakkusai no yasai itame (stir fried hakusai), Nikugohan (Meat rice)
, Enoki and Green Onion Miso Soup
1 small hakusai
(5-6 cups of chopped hakusai)
half of a medium onion sliced into strips
2 age sliced into strips
1 carrot sliced thin
1/4 cup of dashijiru
1 tablespoon of soy sauce
1 tablespoon of Mirin
1 teaspoon of vegetable oil
1) Wash and chop vegetables (see photos below)
2) Boil a small pot of water and boil age for 1-2 minutes. (2 minutes if you're using frozen age)
3) Drain age, rinse and squeeze some of the water out.
4) Slice age into strips.
5) In a large frying pan/Wok or a large pot, add oil and onions. Stir fry until soft.
6) Add carrots, age and hakusai.
7) Add the dashijiru, soy sauce, and mirin immediately after.
8) Cover and simmer for about 2 minutes and then stir fry until the hakusai is cooked through.
Cut hakusai into large pieces.
Cut onion into strips about this size.
Stir fry the onions first until they are soft.
Put everything in. You might want a bigger pan or use a large pot.
Stir fry and simmer down. It fits now!
Serve on a small plate as a side along with meat or fish dishes.