Monday, June 28th, 2010
I'm still hooked on shiromiso miso soup. This one is meant to be a summer time miso soup served cold, but it's also good hot.
Ingredients (Servings 2)
1 (1/3) cups of dashijiru
1/3 cup or 4 tablespoons of shiromiso
2/3 cup of unsweetened soy milk
8 Shiratama dumplings
(Click on link on how to prepare them)
2 wedges of vine ripe tomato or 2 mini tomatoes cut into quarters.
2 small okra chopped into thin slices.
1) Prepare the shiratama. You can use water or soy milk. The soy milk gives them a little extra soy flavor. Drain and cool off in cold water.
2) Prepare the dashijiru or substitute with water and dashi powder.
3) Add the miso and use a ladle and chopsticks to dissolve all the miso. Turn off the heat immediately.
4) Add the soy milk.
5) Blanch the okra for about 1-2 minutes, cool in water and cut into 1/8 inch slices.
6) At this point if you want cold miso soup, refrigerate the miso soup and add the shiratama, tomato wedge and okra or heat up the soup and all the rest of the ingredients.
Shiratama, Soy Milk, Tomato and Okra Shiromiso Soup.